Monday, February 15, 2016

Goshen Brewing, Goshen, IN

I had heard lore of this place, but had not been able to venture in. Fortunately I had a an hour or two to kill in Goshen, Indiana so I decided to roll up and drink. The place was packed, but I found the only open place at the bar.

I don't know what the building was originally, but it looked like it must have been some sort of hydroelectric pump house. The fuck if matters, it had character. It wasn't a strip mall.

I sat down at the bar. There were two girls next to me getting drunk and discussing hot guys that they work with. There was a couple next to me that looked like they were on a date. Two girls were tending bar, and one dude with a big ol' hipster beard kept coming out of the back, looking around, stroking it--the beard, I mean--and going back into the back. The one barmaid was really cute, and the other one looked like she was Anderson Cooper with an extra 75 pounds of muscle--she was surprisingly pleasant though. I am not trying to stereotype anyone, but I have run into a few militant-butch barmaids in places.

I sat there and drank to myself for a while. Not a lot was going on, even though there were so many people in there. The girls next to me were getting more annoying as they got drunker. I even overheard one of them refer to something as being "Totes shitty." And then the other one said, "Yeah, that was totes shitty."

What the fuck does that even mean? I guess I am getting old.

I even thought for a moment about engaging the girls in conversation, just to see what sort of ignorance I could exploit, but I chose not to. I wasn't in the spirit. They would have thought that I was hitting on them and I wasn't willing to do that. I think on another day, I would have had a great time at this place, but on this day it was too busy.




2 comments:

  1. I am 97% sure that the phrase "totes shitty" has never come out of my mouth. I was, however, enjoying a nice buzz, so I can't be certain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 97% sure that the phrase "totes shitty" has never come out of my mouth. I was, however, enjoying a nice buzz, so I can't be certain :)

    ReplyDelete