Sunday, February 7, 2016

Crooked Ewe, South Bend, IN

My writing has been limited lately due to the fact that my laptop went tits right around Christmas time. I prayed to Santa Clause for a new one but he did not deliver.

I always liked Jesus better anyway.

Regardless, I decided that February was the time to buy one and get back to what I do. The last couple of posts were either typed at work or on my phone...Unless of course my boss is reading this, then they were all typed on my phone.

I had been eyeballing the Ewe for a while. I had never stopped in, but today I was happy that I did. It wasn't particularly happening, but the beer was better than expected. I admit that I am kind of a hater, when it comes to the Midwest beer, but I liked this joint.

The Crooked Ewe sits cozily along the Saint Joseph River and under a train bridge. If this place wasn't here, it would be an ideal place for a prostitute to turn tricks. Maybe on the right night it could act as both.

For the record, I am not condoning prostitution, but I also don't condone drinking and driving, and it wasn't like I walked home.

When I entered, the place wasn't overly crowded, but like a douchebag, I was carrying my laptop in my man-purse looking computer bag and I was in search of a power outlet. One of the waitresses helped me find one. Turns out there are a ton at the bar, which is great, but I think it also says a lot about the direction of our society.

The bar wasn't crowded but it was busy, and I sat in the vicinity of an Asiany woman who was talking loudly to an Asian man about how bull shit it was that this girl who was sexually assaulted by a janitor sued her company. That was all I understood, but that was enough. Then her white guy husband showed up and she got quiet. When they left, some dude sat down and asked the bar maid how good her dishwasher was at washing. She responded by informing him that it was a dishwasher, and that it performed as expected.

Other than that, this place was not special.

No comments:

Post a Comment